Tuesday, May 10, 2016

the little things

I have a short work trip today up to Sacramento and back again. It's the little things that make work fun, like being able to fly by yourself, with no children and just be at the airport working with no crazy people talking atcha in your office trying to make the day all stressful.

I like Sacramento, I've only been there a handful of times but I like the chill pace and the old buildings and the trees. The first time I went to Sacramento was to see a Pearl Jam concert at the Arco Arena with Babe and GUS and Sammy-oi. I don't know when that was, but I'm guessing late 90s. Babe and I went up and stayed at a charming B&B when I had to take me GRE before applying to graduate school, early 2000s.

I've gone for work meetings maybe twice since I started at USC and once we flew there before driving to Tahoe.  I think it would be a nice place to live, although it gets a little hot and I'm not moving.

Anyways, I think I am going to get a lot of work done today and hopefully this visit will result in a gift for the school, but either way it's a nice change of pace in a job where no two days are really the same anyway.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Hope you had a nice trip!