Thursday, April 21, 2016

On the election

Well, one of my blog readers weighed in, asking why haven't I talked about the presidential election, saying it is not like me at all.

Too true.

If you look back over the years, and during the different elections, I definitely weighed in frequently on the topic of the presidential elections.

This year, I had my head in the sand for most of 2015.

I just could never really believe that Trump would be the nominee. It just didn't make any sense to me. When I finally woke up and smelled the racism, I mean the coffee, it was just about the beginning of 2016. Donald Trump should never be allowed to be the president.

He is a lying liar who lies and he's racist.

And the fact that millions and millions of voters are selecting a man who wants to close our borders to certain populations, who believes that women who get abortions should be punished, and who has a huge problem with immigrants from all places, but particularly Mexico, well it just makes me sick to my stomach. What is a matter, America? Why so racist?

On the whole Hillary/Bernie thing. Well, I just feel sort of let down to tell you the truth. I really believe this is Hillary's raise to win (to lose?) and we should just be backing her as the democratic party.

Those are a few of my thoughts, in a nutshell. We can talk more about it as the weeks go on, but fair warning. It makes me feel depressed. I'll share some photos of children soon to lighten the atmosphere.


2 comments:

Ang said...

I'm not voting. Just can't do it.

Randi said...

So depressing. Who are you picking? Doodoo or garbage?
UGH