Thursday, April 28, 2016

field trip

Buddy is going on a field trip in May to the LA Zoo. I remember going to the zoo, too, though I think it was the Santa Barbara zoo. We were older than kindergarten, though, and I remember Rolf Hansen threw up in front of the flamingos.

She's so excited about it. She told me all about it the other night. I can't tell you how fun it is to listen to her talk about things I know nothing about - she's actually sharing the information with me. So serious! She has a permission slip and really, really needs me to sign it.

Buddy has always been quite the talker, everyone here knows that. But these days she's telling me all the stuff she learns and I love it too many. Did you know lady bugs are beetles? She also showed me how ants breathe. And they have a head, thorax and abdomen.

Buddy can read a lot now and is good and writing, too. It seems to me she is better at math, but I'm not sure if that is true.

The kindergarten teacher is funny and calm, and Buddy has really benefited from that. She told me in our parent teacher conference that Buddy is one of the few kids who gets her jokes and understands her sarcasm. The teacher is not big into the behavior cards they use at school but for what its worth Sasha has had excellent behavior every single week since school began.

The other day one of my friends asked me if I was sad that Buddy was going to be done with Kindergarten and on to first grade. I hadn't given it any thought, to tell you the truth. But now that I am thinking it over I wouldn't say I'm sad about it, per se. It is such a special time and she has had so much fun in it. I hope first grade doesn't disappoint.


2 comments:

Ma said...

I loved hearing about Sasha and how well she is doing in kindergarten. Looking forward to visiting all of you.
Sorry about Rolf and the incident at the flamingos. Ha ha.
Love, Ma

Randi said...

I am so proud of her! Casey will get there I think but right now he has ants in his pants and I don't think The Guz is impressed. Ha!