Tuesday, December 01, 2015

You guys!

We totally got hit by a drunk driver driving home from San Diego on Thanksgiving!

I was driving in the car pool lane going North on the 405 It was 10:30 at night and I was in the home stretch, about 8 miles from home.

Anyways, all of a sudden there is this loud BOOOOOOOM and the Subaru gets knocked to the left. Luckily, I am an incredibly conscientious driver (10 and 2 baby) and had both hands on the wheel, so we stayed in our line.

Babe wakes up and says WHAT THE F*&! WAS THAT? 

And, I said OH S$)*! BABE! WE JUST GOT HIT! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?! 

We saw the car jamming off the freeway, a white sedan, must have been going about 90 miles an hour, because I was going 75 at least.

So, I begin to exit the freeway and I see what I think is his car on the Carson exit, all smashed headfirst into the guard rail.

I call 911 and get off the at the next exit (Avalon) and she tells me to try and make my way back to the Carson exit, but not to approach the guy in case he is drunk.  I make my way back, but of course it's the on ramp, not the off ramp, and I can see that white car that has crashed. But, I also see another white car in the icicle plants, all banged up but empty.

Eventually (and the girls are still sleeping through this whole thing), the fire trucks come up and start to take care of the other people. Then, CHP arrives, and they come and talk to me some time later. The other people get carted off in an ambulance and I make my statement.

I asked CHP if they caught the guy and he said, yeah, he started to run away on foot and they caught him. I asked if he was drunk and the officer said yeah, they think so.

So, that's my story. My car is all scraped on the side, but the girls and Mike and I are unharmed. I think my wrist might be screwed up, but I can't be sure.

I have an appointment on Thursday to have the car looked at and the police report won't be ready for some time because it was in fact a DUI.

Excuse my language, but seriously, Fuck Drunk Drivers. My little girls were in the car and I can't even talk about the things it makes me think about.


2 comments:

Randi said...

Thank God you had a guardian angel dude. Religious or not. I'm glad you and the family are okay. Please go to the doctor and get your wrist looked at.
Love you.

Christine said...

I'm so sorry that happened, but so glad you and your family are OK xoxo