Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Tuesday Updates


  • Today was the first real day of kindergarten. Dropped off Buddy and there she went! I didn't cry. Yesterday there was a woman choking back tears and that almost set me off but today was just very sweet. I really cried my face off when I dropped Buddy at pre-k a year ago. She was in a classroom, with a lot of kids. I think that was the big break for me. But, I did TRIP OUT when I got home because I realized for the first time, ever, I couldn't just call and see how she was doing. I've always called the first couple of days after drop off to check in. With school-school you can't do that. I'd like to figure out a way to help out in the classroom at least a couple of times a month. Let's see what the Bossman says about that!
  • So, September, huh? I've got the whole month ahead of me and it is my last month before I return to work. This pains me, so we won't talk about it. We can talk about the fact that I love September because it is going to be a relatively chill month chalk full of routine. Kindergarten and "after care" for Buddy, me and Joze spending our last month together doing whatever we need to do. No more trips! They were fun, but it's good to be home. 
  • I hired a nanny. She's nice. Whatever. She has been a nanny for like 30 years. She knows everyone in my neighborhood. It's fine. She's going to drop Buddy off for me at kindergarten (I'm pretty sure Buddy is going to be a latebird, meaning she'll start school around 10am) and she'll pick her up and take her to the park, or the library, or home. She'll take care of Joze and feed her and change her and hug her. I'm going to try to take my time easing into things for the fall. We have holidays. It's fine. What's my alternative? I'm not cut out to be a stay at home mom, and I do like to work. In a perfect world, I'd have six months or a year of leave or I'd work part time. Eventually, perhaps. Right now I have September and I'm easing into the Fall. Right? Right.
  • Wow, that got heavy. I still owe you a Portland update. I also want to tell you about all the breweries we've been visiting.  
  • I'll update you at 3 months (Josie is 12 weeks and a day today) as to how she is doing. Spoiler alert: she's doing great! She is so cute, eats like a champ, naps frequently, smiles all the time, poops regularly, takes a bottle once a day, and her eyes are still blue. She doesn't sleep through the night but she does sleeps for long stretches at a time. She's a little baby and I want to eat her thighs. 
  • Newsy, huh? Have a good day peeps. 

1 comment:

Randi said...

All of this sounds very good dude.
I hope your nanny is like a Maria.
xo