Tuesday, June 30, 2015

three weeks (and a day)

Josie turned 3 weeks old yesterday and I must say these past three weeks of her life have been a whirlwind. Let me explain.

Week 1 - Josie basically flew into the world in a few hours. My water broke at 11 and after driving myself to the hospital and checking myself in (haha) (but seriously) I was hooked up and rolling around 2pm. She came to the world at 5:58 pm in a quick and painful rush. That week we came home for a minute and ended up going back to the hospital. So, we ended up spending her first week in the hospital.

Week 2 - This week was a little less hectic than that first week, but Buddy had her graduation and then started her vacation on Friday.

Week 3 - This past week, Buddy was on vacation so we three spent every minute together and that was a little bit crazy! Then we had Buddy's birthday and even though we "just" had a family party it was still very busy!

But now, I am home just with Ms. Josie. I drop buddy off in the morning and pick her up in the afternoon. I had a lot of time yesterday to just stare at Josie while she nursed and we also took a nap together. It was pretty much a perfect day.


2 comments:

Randi said...

Enjoy these quiet moments, they zip by so quickly. xo

Hung said...

The first one gives you no breaks just because and second one comes along. Hope you get ample chill time!