Thursday, May 07, 2015

Rain

So, on one hand. We are in a drought of epic proportions here in SoCal. As in, we don't have any water. And so what we need is mad conservation and epic rainfall.

On the other hand, when it rains in Southern California people freak out. The freeways essentially shut down, cars start to slide into each other and the world as we know it comes to a standstill.

Not just during torrential downpour, mind you. A sprinkle will do it.

So I have my huge event tonight. With over 250 people registered to attend. A high level panel of speakers. I've got a giant dress on.

And there is rain in the forecast. And it's cloudy out.

If it rains, and I mean even a drop, only eleven people will show up.

And I will be sad. Very sad.

I learned a long time ago there are things outside of my control. Weather? A classic example. But I just hope it doesn't rain, man. That is all.




1 comment:

Randi said...

I didn't wash my car today so rain seems unlikely.