Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Just one more

So, yesterday I had a meeting with the Senior VP here at the University in which I work. And there were 7 other colleagues there. All pretty senior exec, I was somewhere in the  middle level.

Before the head honcho got there, but after five of the other people did, one of the women I have worked with before walks in to the conference room.

"My god," she said, "You're as big as a house!"

"Wow, Alice!," I replied, "Thanks so much for saying that; that is what every woman wants to hear!"

{embarrassed laughter from around the table}

"In fact," I continued, "I feel it might be my duty to educate people on what to say to pregnant women. Here are some examples: 1) Wow, you look amazing! 2) Congratulations! 3) How are you feeling? 4) OR NOTHING AT ALL."

{everyone around the table is nodding vigorously.}

END SCENE


2 comments:

Randi said...

People are seriously the worst to pregnant women.
You look amazing.
Shut the eff up, dumb lady.

Christine said...

AMEN!!!