Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Preschool

You guys!

I am so excited because tomorrow I am going to Buddy's class to teach her and her little school friends about India.

So, obviously I am obsessively lesson planning!

Here's what I think I am going to do. Are you ready? Any comments are welcome. Unless you think my ideas are stupid in which case I don't want you to comment because I am sensitive.

I thought I would try to hit all the five senses.

Here goes:

  • Hearing: Talk about India for a minute. Say Buddy's Granpa (and my dad) is from India. 
  • Sight: Show a few pictures of India, like the taj majal. Bring some coloring pages for them to color in. 
  • Touch: Bring a few saris in and let the peeps try them on and play with the fabric. 
  • Smell: Bring spices in and let them smell them. I'm not sure about the best way to do this because I don't want anyone to accidentally drop cumin on the floor. Ha!
  • Taste: Bring in some Trader Joe's Samosas. I hope they aren't too spicy. 

I'm so excited.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Those sound like awesome ideas! I remember your dad giving me some candies from India in high school. Neat. I wish I could loan you the Chaat and Sweets book!!!

Christine said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wish D and I could come!