I am so excited because tomorrow I am going to Buddy's class to teach her and her little school friends about India.
So, obviously I am obsessively lesson planning!
Here's what I think I am going to do. Are you ready? Any comments are welcome. Unless you think my ideas are stupid in which case I don't want you to comment because I am sensitive.
I thought I would try to hit all the five senses.
- Hearing: Talk about India for a minute. Say Buddy's Granpa (and my dad) is from India.
- Sight: Show a few pictures of India, like the taj majal. Bring some coloring pages for them to color in.
- Touch: Bring a few saris in and let the peeps try them on and play with the fabric.
- Smell: Bring spices in and let them smell them. I'm not sure about the best way to do this because I don't want anyone to accidentally drop cumin on the floor. Ha!
- Taste: Bring in some Trader Joe's Samosas. I hope they aren't too spicy.
I'm so excited.