Thursday, September 18, 2014

bad news

There is just TOO MUCH bad news in the world right now. I cancelled my subscription to the NYTimes. It reminds me of that scene in Roxanne where Steve Martin puts a quarter in the newspaper machine, gets the paper, see all the bad news, and pays another quarter to put it back.

I just can't with all these football players getting in trouble for being A-holes. Why do people beat the s#$* out of their kids? Am I tripping? 94% of parents of 3-4 year olds report hitting their kids in the last year? WTF people? These are children. I will get upset.

And then the ebola? Oh my god. Seriously? Is there nothing we can do to help the people whose insides are turning to mush?

And then with the ISIS and those guys are crazy. I'm not a fortune seer but I'm gonna predict this isn't going to end well.

I don't know people.

Maybe Babe and I should go off the grid. Go live on a farm somewhere and plant poppies or something equally medicinal. The Buddy can play with goats and chickens and we can make soap and crafts and sell them at fairs and along the side of the road.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Just remember to keep Sasha vaccinated when you're living off the grid.
xo

Ma said...

I read your "Bad News" post.
THEN I scrolled down to the next entry of Joyanna holding Buddy and I felt much better. Two happy girls.
Love, Ma