- Everyone who ever met him, liked him. Old people and babies alike.
- He was from North Dakota, and I'm pretty sure still rocked cowboy boots occasionally, but I could be making that up.
- He was always super nice to me even in the beginning when I was somewhat of a trouble maker and his daughter was a super good girl.
- In high school, he would let us hang out at his house, but more than once had to come outside to kick out the boys. "It's time to come inside, girls."
- In recent years, he sported a dashing goatie.
- He built his business from nothing to a incredibly well-known and successful business.
- He had a potty mouth and liked to drink beer out of a can.
- At every single family function since I moved here two years ago, and every one I was in town for before, he sat down and talked to me and asked me how my family was doing and just generally shot the shit with me. He had a way of making you feel very welcome.
He did a lot of amazing things with his life and left a beautiful family and a tremendous legacy in Oxnard. If you've ever eaten strawberries purchased at a store, he very likely made the package it was sold in. True story.
It looks like his peeps are directing donations to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research , or you can also pop over to BFF's blog and give her some sugar. I bet she could use it.