Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bee Eff Eff's Dad

Let me tell you a few things about Bee Eff Eff's Dad:

  • Everyone who ever met him, liked him. Old people and babies alike. 
  • He was from North Dakota, and I'm pretty sure still rocked cowboy boots occasionally, but I could be making that up.
  • He was always super nice to me even in the beginning when I was somewhat of a trouble maker and his daughter was a super good girl. 
  • In high school, he would let us hang out at his house, but more than once had to come outside to kick out the boys. "It's time to come inside, girls."
  • In recent years, he sported a dashing goatie.
  • He built his business from nothing to a incredibly well-known and successful business.
  • He had a potty mouth and liked to drink beer out of a can.
  • At every single family function since I moved here two years ago, and every one I was in town for before, he sat down and talked to me and asked me how my family was doing and just generally shot the shit with me. He had a way of making you feel very welcome. 
I'm super sad that he is gone and I am going to miss him. I think it is complete and utter bullshit that I am eulogizing him today.

He did a lot of amazing things with his life and left a beautiful family and a tremendous legacy in Oxnard. If you've ever eaten strawberries purchased at a store, he very likely made the package it was sold in. True story.

It looks like his peeps are directing donations to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research , or you can also pop over to BFF's blog and give her some sugar. I bet she could use it.

3 comments:

Ang said...

beautiful tribute.....no truer words were ever spoken....rest in peace doug....

Randi said...

Perfectly said. Love you.

Nancy said...

Thoughts and prayers with Randi today--Infinite hugs...