Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Jury Doodie

I have jury duty this week, but you'd never know it. Because I'm here at my desk. The way it works here is every night you call this special phone number and they tell you whether you have to report the next day. It reminds me a lot of that line from Princess Bride: Good night, good work. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

I don't mind jury duty, at all. I was on a trial once when I was a kid and it was a good experience. Probably more for me than the other folks on the jury being that I was 18 and I knew nothing about anything.

What I don't like is the uncertainty. I cleared my schedule this week (SO FANCY, RIGHT?!) and so I have zero appointments - which is kind of the opposite of what you're supposed to do in my line of work (fundraising). Anyways, I keep wondering - what if I check on Thursday night and they're like you have to report tomorrow, Friday and then I get on a jury? And I have lots on my schedule for next week.

Oh my, sorry about this post: the most boring post you've ever had to read.

2 comments:

Randi said...

I was told not to do this option any more because of the uncertainty. It's better to just go in for the day and then know where you stand. This is my boring advice to you.

Christine said...

I love jury duty. I have a sickness.