Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Potato Salad

I got this recipe from Sunset and have modified it a bit and will now make it for the rest of my life.

Enjoy!

Spring Bounty Potato Salad
Ingredients
• 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes
• 1 cup shelled fresh peas (who has the time, really? I use frozen.) 
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (a little more, I think. But, because I don't really measure I suppose we'll never know). 
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 spring onions* or green onions, thinly sliced
• 5 hard-cooked large eggs*, peeled and roughly chopped

• About 3 tbsp. chopped tarragon
**I add two tablespoons of Stone Ground Dijon Mustard 

Instructions
Bring 1 in. water to a boil in a large saucepan. Set potatoes in a steamer basket and steam in pan, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Cool in ice water, then pat dry. Cut potatoes into chunks and put in a large bowl. I DONT COOL IN ICE WATER, BUT I DO STEAM THE POTATOES AND I THINK IT MAKES THIS EVEN BETTER. TRY IT! 
Meanwhile, bring some water to a boil in a saucepan. Add peas; cook until tender, 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to ice water, then drain again. I DONT DO THE ICE THING, JUST RINSE THEM OFF. 
Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, and salt AND DIJON in a small bowl to combine. Add onions, peas, and half the dressing to potatoes and gently stir to coat. Add eggs and 3 tbsp. tarragon and gently stir to coat.
Spread remaining dressing on bottom of a wide bowl, add salad, and sprinkle with more tarragon if you like.

2 comments:

Ang said...

it was good dude....i picked the peas out though...ha!

Randi said...

I would eat this.