Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend pics - not this weekend!

I left my phone in my bag apparently, as I was enjoying the heck out of this weekend. So, I'll take a page from the book of BFF and hit up some of the topics I missed when I wasn't really paying attention to "blog every day in May"


Sunday the 5th "Fit and Healthy"
What do you do to stay fit or be a healthy individual? Share any useful tips and advice. Or tell us about your plans to get healthier.
I drink as much water as is humanly possible, try to eat vegetables with every meal, and try to curtail the beer drinking.

Wednesday the 8th "First Job"Tell us about your first job. Did you love it or was it horrendous?
My first job was a month long stint at Kinny's shoe store in the mall. But, that didn't work out so I worked at Pizza Hut for my senior year. It was all right. The characters there were definitely shady. But free pizza! Who can complain?! 

 Thursday the 9th "Favorite Social Media Channel"
Are you a Twitter-lover? Or maybe you can't get enough of Pinterest? Do you need to share every meal on Instagram? Do you waste away the hours watching Youtube? Or Facebook is your comfort zone? Tell us about your favourite social media channel and why.
I like instagram, love to hate facebook, and can't really figure out twitter. My favorite social media is probably amazon, reading book reviews and deciding what to download next. 

Saturday the 11th "Book Love"
Tell us about your favourite book. Or maybe give us a top 5 of the books that changed your life.

I'm gonna go with life changing because favorite is whatever I'm reading at the moment, really. 
  1. East of Eden - I love this book and it loves California. It's nearly a perfect book.
  2. Song of Solomon - again, nearly a perfect book. Made me learn a lot about families, history, and life. 
  3. Jeanette Winterson's The Passion was a life changer. It's because it's a crazy unbelievably awesome book. It's written like a poem, spare with words, rich with description. You get smarter when you read it. Promise. 
  4. That book I borrowed from Cindy about the personal journey, that was a life changer because it reminded me to constantly rethink what I'm doing and where I'm headed - challenging me to push myself to keep working on my own personal journey. The Alchemist!
  5. The fourth book in the vampire Anne Rice books was a life changer. Too long of a story to share here, but let's just say I never was the same after reading it. 

Sunday the 12th "Collecting"
Are you a collector? Maybe a bit of a hoarder? Tell us about something you like to collect. Or if you favour minimalism, perhaps tell us why?
I collect Pearl Jam CDs because I love them. 


Monday the 13th "Go Green"
Talk about being green, eco-friendly or ethical. What do you do to make a difference?
I took the train to work today! Take that carbon footprint! 

1 comment:

Jessicurl said...

What a coincidence! I just started re-reading East of Eden last night. he says some pretty mean things about Indians within the first couple pages. File that under the "not perfect" part.