Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Misc. Media Wednesday

Movies

  • Babe and I started doing movie night recently, but we generally stink at it because we usually fall asleep (okay, he does). Nonetheless, we've managed to sneak in about one or two movies a month. Just the other day we watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This is a high school movie and features Hermoine Granger. She does a great job of not being Hermoine, though, something I doubt Daniel Radcliffe will ever be able to pull off. Anyways, in the way of Dead Poets Society and Breakfast Club, this movie is angsty and sad and wonderful. I really, really enjoyed it.
  • We also watched Wreck it Ralph, which was okay. I think animated features have gone the way of  macaroni and cheese for me- which I used to think was a delicious treat and now I can barely eat because of her highness. I love Disney and I love cartoons, but I sort of feel like if she's not watching the movie with me it should probably have real people in it. 
Books on Tape

  • Still finishing up Kingsolver's Flight Behavior and it is unbelievably good. I sat in my car for ten extra minutes this morning because I couldn't tear myself away. 

1 comment:

Randi said...

Nice analogy there with the mac'n'cheese.