Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Misc. Media Tuesday

Netflix Streaming Movie
On our queue for some time has been New York, I Love You, one of these anthology type of movies with about 100 different actors in it. This one was neat because each snippet was a short story directed by a different director, each with their own definite style. Two gems stand out - one was directed by Mira Nair and starred Natalie Portman playing a pretty unconvincing Hassidic woman. But it was a really beautiful little love story. And the second was about a couple celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary. Darned if that one didn't make me cry real tears. There were several good ones and a couple of crap ones (Natalie Portman - maybe she should stay on this side of the camera, if you know what I mean? The one she directed fell way flat.) Anyways, I recommend. It's short and easy. Just like you know who...

Movie out in Theaters
Babe and I had a date night sponsored by our daycare, god bless them. So we took in dinner and a movie. For all of you parents out there, you know that one is sometimes possible but never both. We went and saw Argo and it was just so good. So suspenseful  so smart and super easy to watch. In case you have been residing under a rock somewhere, its about six American hostages held in Iran and how they escaped under the guise of a crew filming a movie called Argo. Lots of good acting and I have a soft spot in my heart for Alan Arkin, ever since he was the commissioner in So I Married An Ax Murderer, all those years ago.

1 comment:

Lavanya Sethi said...

Easy movies is the one of the worst site I ever found, for Online Ticket Booking. When one has to take membership they deduct amount for that apart even if you are to book ticket they would charge for that twice without any confirmation. Yes, it happened to me. I was booking 2 tickets from easymovies site on 25th Jan 2013 and they deducted the amount twice from my account. And when I called at customer care no. there is no one to solve my issue. I want my money get refunded by hook or by crook. I had even filed my complaint at Consumer Court site and waiting for their response. I am sharing my experience with you guys, so that you could be aware of this problem which I faced.