Anyways, so I went to a talk on leadership last night from a previous mayor of Los Angeles. Interesting man, some good lessons. He said there are four or five traits you must have to be a leader.
- Have the courage to make hard decisions.
- Care for everyone you meet, from the janitor on up.
- Empower others to do good work.
- Relentlessly pursuit your goals - be a closer.
Other highlights from the talk were:
- If you make a mistake, admit it with confidence. The biggest mistake you can make is to not do something.
- And, it's much easier to get forgiveness than permission.