Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Random Recipe Tuesday

You've seen this before, but it is SO GOOD I am posting it here again in the hopes that you will make, thank me and invite me over to eat it.

Chicken Posole
  • 1 can (15 oz) white hominy, drained (I use a big can)
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) Mexican style diced tomatoes (I used stewed tomatoes)
  • 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce (recipe calls for mild green, I used medium red)
  • 2 carrots, diced (toss a bunch of baby carrots - who dices?)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced (ha! Minced. That's funny.)
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 5 chicken thighs (I've been using chicken boobs of late, because that's what I have. Doesn't matter.)
  • Chopped cilantro
  • Tortilla chips
  1. Combine everything but cilantro and tortilla chips in the crock pot. Cook for 3 - 3 1/2 hours on high.
  2. Shred the meat up a little bit, throw the cilantro in, give it a stir and serve it with some tortilla chips on the side. YUM!
  3. I haven't done that cilantro/tortilla chip thing this time but it sounds good! Go for it! 

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Thanks, cb! I'm making this today because I never made it the first time you posted the recipe. Come over and have some!