What's matter with me, I know!
This month feels like a whole month full of firsts. I almost wrote this month feels like a whole month full of Mondays but then I think that doesn't sound very nice.
Let's talk through some highlights of January:
- The inauguration which qualifies as one of the best events ever. And, for the record - I loved the first lady's dress, loved Obama's speech, and could care less if Beyonce lip synced. She's so pretty.
- Ang's beeday which was a weekend-long free-for-all involving ice cream sandwiches and sea otters.
- Two trips to San Francisco. One for fun and one for work next week.
- The New Year's holiday and the MLKJ holiday, both which yield three-day weekends with which I can enjoy my little family for an extra day.
- January brings copious amounts of dieting and self-reflection, easily two of my all-time favorite past times. I just couldn't love dieting any more than I do. Why? It's maybe the same reason I love Mondays. Cuz I am a crazy person masquerading as a sane one. Have I fooled anyone? And don't even get me started on self-reflection. Oh the lists! Oh the magic of crossing things off and setting goals for yourself that may never be achieved!
- Football playoffs.
- In addition to Martin Luther King Junior and Ang, Jan also hosts Gab's beeday. We don't usually speak of such things though.