Courtesy of Auntie, last Friday night me and Babe went on Date Night!
We decided to take in the Avengers, which you can read more about here on BFF's blog. The movie was great! I love Robert D. Jr. as Iron Man. He had the best and funniest lines. I also have the biggest girl crush on Scarjo and if she was my screen saver I would not be ashamed. The hulk was funny and Captain America was super dreamy. Also, the bad guy was a hottie and makes me want to see Thor. Really? Yes, really. I was so proud of Joss Whedon!! There's a funny secret ending at the end that you should stay for, even though it means you have to endure the ENTIRE song by Soundgarden. Apologies in advance. But you will laugh. The movie coulda been 30 minutes shorter, but I guess that's old news now since apparently every movie from now on and for the last ten years is going to be 2 hours and 20 minutes long so I should just get used to it.
The best part, though, was that we went and saw it at the Arclight theater. And that is a theater that you can choose your seats, so you don't have to rush and be all worried that you aren't going to get a set. Instead, you can go sit at the bar in the theater and have a glass of wine!! Yeah. Dig.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
- I am suffering from my third stye in as many months. I am on my way to doctor shortly so she can remove my eyeball and replace it.
- This past weekend, we had guests every night. Thursday, two pals came in from Phillie with their little baby. We hung out and played darts in the backyard and had a nice fire. The next day, my sister came up and we went out to a dinner, then Babe and I took in the Avengers. Saturday afternoon, Scooter came up and stayed for two nights. Monday afternoon we collapsed.
- I am going up to Humboldt this weekend with my three pals from college (and one baby girl) to see our/my fourth pal from college and meet her precious two month old. I can't hardly wait!
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
|Buddy and Uncle Scooter playing at the park in Pasadena|
|It was pretty darn cute when, at the park, Buddy walked away, turned around and said. Scooter, come on!|
|Yule log in the summer time.|
|Auntie took this picture of buddy in the man cave with her crazy afro.|
|The LBC crew has the BEST TOYS!! Buddy was in the sandbox for ages.|
Friday, May 25, 2012
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
- Yo! I have three more months at this job. Starting in June, I'm going to have to really work on securing other employment. Either the USC gig will work out, or I have to start pounding the pavement again. Geez.
- This past weekend was killer. We did two bike rides! Played at the park! Had a BBQ with five kiddies, 8 adults, and lots of beer!
- The weather has been impeccable. Upper 70s, lower 80s.
- It's only four weeks til my trip to NYC and I literally couldn't be more excited.
- It's only 6 weeks til Buddy turns two!
- In six weeks, we will have been in California for one year. How do you like that?
Monday, May 21, 2012
|We took buddy to the farmer's market on Sunday. We rode our bikes there so we didn't have a stroller, though she was in the pack for a bit. I let her run around freely though and here she is carrying her little cup of water all over the place.|
|And having a seat to take a little drink and a rest.|
|One day, Buddy is going to kill me for this picture.|
|I joined this thing called Stunner of the Month club which mails you a new pair of shades every month. These are this month's stunners.|
|Buddy, snacking at the grocery store.|
Friday, May 18, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
This weekend I celebrated my 2nd mother's day...I also celebrated BFF's 35th birthday...We made tri tip for 8 adults and 2 kids...I took one 45 minute bike ride...I had a 75-minute massage at the Bliss Spa that rendered me senseless...I watched a couple of Yankees games...I walked to the Farmer's Market with two sisters, two babies and one husband...There, I bought strawberries, turnips, garlic and colorful carrots, apriums (what?), and three cups of coffee for about twenty dollars.
Monday, May 14, 2012
I was too busy this weekend to take a lot of pictures but I have some here! They are a little out of order, but what does that matter, really?
|Here's my pops wearing Babe's Deformed Windbreaker. I think he looks like a football coach.|
|The Mother's Day BBQ spread!|
|Buddy and the O-Man.|
|Buddy and the O-man!!|
|Buddy watching Elmo.|
|Buddy's self portrait.|
|BFF's birthday celebration!!|
|We went to Kristy's in Malibu!! I will tell you more about this.|
|Vampin it up at the Habana Malibu. Look at that guy in the back. Photobombing.|
Friday, May 11, 2012
Wednesday, May 09, 2012
- Today, May 9th, is one of the few days in May that does not have a birthday on it, on my family/friend birthday calendar. (By the way, that birthday calendar is fictional, I don't really have one.) I didn't properly celebrate my sister JOY's birthday this past Sunday because sometimes I stay far away from computers on the weekend. Her Beeday was the 6th! Happy Beeday, JOY!
- In just six weeks, we'll be visiting NYC! It will have been nearly one year since we've been there, as we left on July 1, 2011.
- So, yeah, that means all of a sudden we've been living here ten and a half months.
- Also, that means that Buddy is going to be two very soon.
- All told, so far 2012 has in fact kicked 2011's ass.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Monday, May 07, 2012
|I'm no longer allowed to go to Costco by myself, after this past trip. But boy did I go out with a bang!! Man, I love Costco.|
|It's especially funny to see Babe holding Buddy and both of them making this same face.|
|I find it pretty astounding that my Buddy can get up this thing now. I am working through my hatred/fear of playgrounds by frequenting the one by my house. There's never anyone there so I don't have to deal with other people's children.|
|Cindilisima had a wee BBQ on Saturday and so I made this super pretty fruit salad! Is that fresh mint from my garden? You betcha!|
|She has finally killed me. With her cuteness.|
|I write this posthumously.|
|From the great beyond.|
|We'll be talking about bikes later this week. For now, here. Look at my new all time favorite past time.|
|Another Mike on a bike! Ha!|
Friday, May 04, 2012
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
One of the things I like the best is my wee little side garden. When we moved in the owner said we could do whatever we want with the yard, particularly that patch which was just mostly soil. So! Here's what we did.
From bottom to top, you can see one of the three bougainvilleas that my pops planted. Then, you can see one of the three tomato plants that just came with the house. I don't do anything to them, they just make tomatoes and I eat them! Then, that big green bush in the middle is my Hydrangea plant that also came with the house. Then another bougainvillea. Then, you can't see but there is a agave plant that GUS's parents gave us and I planted. THEN there is mint plant that one of my pals gave me and I planted. THEN there are more tomatoes. THEN there is a basil plant that I planted. Then another bougainvillea. Then the onions and garlic that my dad planted.