Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Numbers


  1. This morning, I pulled several rookie moves and therefore it took me close to 50 minutes to get to work. I won't go into detail, but I drove like I don't live here, constantly second guessing my decisions. Plus there was a lot of traffic.
  2. Tonight is the first presidential debate! Oh, I'm so excited. It's also the last game of the regular season, so that's important, too. I told Babe I was more excited about the debate and he was very disappointed in me. 
  3. It was so hot in my house yesterday, like a hundred degrees (probably a slight exaggeration). I hope it cools down some as it is, you know, October.
  4. I called Terminex this morning to come and deal with the five gigantic spiders who are living in the plant out front of my house. I'm no expert but one looked like a black widow. Is that image seared in my brain? Yes, yes it is. They'll be there between 2 and 4 tomorrow. I asked if the guy would pick off the spider webs and they said yes. EW GROSS. You could not pay me enough to be a terminex guy. 

2 comments:

Randi said...

Fall seems to be the warmest time of the year for Oxnard.

Hung said...

dude our new spot is LOUSY with spiders. not so much in the house, thankfully, but some big ole honkers outside. Doesn't bother be too much, but Liz can't stand it. Trying not to teach Huelan to be scared, but also trying to to let her see me squish them. the big ones are juicy, which is somewhat stomach churning.