Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Numbers


  1. On Friday, Babe and I celebrated nine years of marriage by going out and having a nice dinner. We chatted, we ate, we drank. We were home by 10. Ha!
  2. On Saturday, we drove down to see the familials in San Diego. We've gone down about once every other month since we got here. Sometimes more frequently, so let's say 12 times in the past year. Each and every time we have gone, it has taken us two hours to get there. We roll down at nap time and Buddy falls asleep as we hit the 405, then wakes up about a minute from Grama's house. Well, this time, we got on the road as usual at 1pm. Buddy was asleep in minutes. Then, my phone rang and she woke up after an hour of sleeping. Okay, so that's no big deal, right? Except we had three hours to go. It took us more than three and a half hours to get to San Diego. Outrageous. 
  3. On Sunday, we kept pushing our trip back to wait until traffic died down. We usually leave from my sister's, which only takes 1 and a half hours to get home. So, we usually leave at 7:30 and get home at 9. Enough time to have a beer and unwind before the work week. This time, at 7:30 GPS said it was going to take 3 and a half hours to get home. We waited until 9:00 to leave and got home at 11:30. SIGH.
  4. But, while there we had a great time. We hung out with my peeps and ate good food. We took my nephew to his first baseball game. The Padres won which was a pleasant surprise. It was my first time at Petco Park, which is lovely.
  5. I have three days off this week. I am getting ready for my new job. So, today I cleaned out my closet from top to bottom. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. I have four bags of clothes to give away and a whole bunch of room for my brand new wardrobe! To shopping I go! 

No comments: