Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Misc. Media Tuesday

Technology
  • Due to GUS's insistence, I've been using Spotify lately. It is amazing. I don't know how they do it, but you can play any song, ever, and when you listen to one of their radio stations, you get all sorts of great songs. We will eventually purchase a subscription so we have it in the car. For now, I listen free at work.
Music
  • Because of awesome Spotify, I was able to listen to the new Fiona Apple album and I love it. If you don't like Ms. Apple, then I don't recommend this because it sure is one crazy album full of her crazy singing. But, if you like her, you'll love this. 
Television
  •  All Olympics, all the time. I miss baseball. We were also getting into Breaking Bad before the 2012 Olympics started, but that has gone along the wayside. What can I say? Babe loves his Olympics. I think they are good. 
Books
  • I finally started reading a good book instead of the load of crap (excuse me) that I've been consuming for the past two months. I am reading "Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese about a doctor who is born in a hospital in Ethiopia. It's an incredibly interesting story about a part of the world I know nothing about. But, there are lots of things I find familiar and interesting and it is very compelling.

No comments: