Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bee story sandwich

Bee story one

  • Several weeks ago, Ang and I were walking with Buddy in the stroller. All of a sudden, a bee approached us! It flew near Buddy's face and then landed on her shirt collar, an inch away from her little neck. So, what did I do? I picked up the bee and threw it. Got that? 
The West Side of LA

  • So, BFF has always been very good at becoming friends with other bloggers. In fact, she met her husband through her blog. I, on the other hand, have not really done much interacting with fellow bloggers. Except for one, Mona! About a hundred years ago (really more like 8), I had googled a restaurant and found a review of it on Mona's blog, so I linked to it and left her a comment. We went back and forth over the years, and then she moved to California. As you know, I also moved to California. Anyways, long story short, we were getting coffee at Tanners this morning, Me, Babe and Buddy, and Babe (by the way, did you know that Babe has CRAZY face recognition skillz? Like he could be that software the FBI uses.) said, "Is that Mona?" and I said, "how the heck should I know?!" and he said I think it is. So, I went up to her and said: "Are you Mona?" and she said "Coodence?!" And we hugged and cheered. And exchanged numbers. She lives around the corner and I predict some hanging out in our future.
Bee story two

  • Yesterday, we were playing outside and Buddy was busy behind me. She opened up her hand to me and said "BUG!!!" all excited and cutesy. She was holding a big ol dead bee. I said, oh my! Let mommy have that please and I picked it up and threw it. Got that? 


2 comments:

monasapple.com said...

hysterical!!! i seriously was like i'm TOTALLY going to blog about this today. LOVE IT. seriously, mike should be a secret agent. still blown away. wish all my days started out that fun. can't wait to get together. -mona aka tanner groupie

Randi said...

Bees suck. And I love the Mona story! So wonderful! Just let her know the role of BFF has been filled.