Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Numbers

  1. It's the first day of Spring! My first Spring in Southern California, Buddy's second Spring ever. 
  2. My little full time job is going nicely. Five days in an office. Did I already tell you my schedule? It’s 8-4 MWF and 9:30 – 5:30 T and Th. That 8-4 is the life saver of lifesavers because I get to go pick up my buddy from daycare. The days being that short mean that I work through my lunch and also tend to answer emails from home. But, as far as I can tell, that’s just how it is going to be.
  3. This past weekend was a hoot. Our pal, and frequent blog commenter, BrooklynVinny came out to check out the hood. He’s maybe probably hopefully going to attend USC this fall as a PhD student and so we were hosting him on the West Side of LA. Also, Stretch came out and we went out. Good ole Babe took over Buddy duty so Mama could go party down. And party down we did. Stayed out til about 1:45 am.
  4. Sunday it was windier than anywhere I’ve ever been in my life so we mostly took it easy on the inside. Took in a brunch downtown in Culver City and did a short tour of Culver City and Venice Beach so the NYer could see where he could live. Four adults and a baby in the Subaru.
  5. There’s so much more stuff I want to tell you about: we got tacos from Playa Cantina which I love and then a second taco trip to Cinco De Mayo Saturday late night. We utilized the third row seating in my friends SUV so we could get a ride to the bar. (We walked home.) It took us 25 minutes to leave the bar on Saturday night because Stretch and I had made friends with everyone there. There! I told you.

    1 comment:

    Vincent said...

    I wish everyone on your blog could see the bag of Mexican food. Thanks again for an awesome trip! You, Mike, Sasha and rest of the west coast FC were very persuasive.