Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Numbers!


  • A three day weekend! My first paid holiday since August 2011. It sure was nice to get paid to stay home. The life of a consultant has a lot of terrific perks but paid holiday is not one of them. 
  • We had one pal visit from Brooklyn this Saturday. She just landed a job out here in Southern California so score another one for my coast.
  • Then, on Saturday, we drove out to Hemet to celebrate the in-laws beedays. We surprised them with a neat grill and four pounds of tri tip. Ha! Which took me seven hours and 150 ingredients to make. Just kidding about the seven hours. 
  • Sunday, we went to the Kenneth Hahn recreation park in the morning and walked all over the place. It was lovely, little streams and waterfalls and duck ponds and what have you. It would be a great place to have a birthday party - maybe buddy's number two?
  • Then, my sister Ang came over and we all went walking by the beach for a couple of hours.
  • After that, Babe and I got to go on a wee date! We went to this cute little beachie mexican spot just a bit down the road (see how I did that right there? Talked about how close I was to the beach just randomly and by chance?) where I had three tiny tacos and two huge glasses of rioja. 
  • Are you tired yet? Cuz I am! What a weekend! Luckily, as I mentioned before, I had my three day weekend, so I had Monday home. Daycare was closed so my sister hung out with me and the buddy and my folks came up for lunch. My dad made delicious aloo gobi and we had a lovely day. I got a mani/pedi, did a bunch of chores and even an hour or two of work. 

No comments: