Wednesday, January 25, 2012

State of the Union

"So it is with America.  Each time I look at that flag, I’m reminded that our destiny is stitched together like those fifty stars and those thirteen stripes.  No one built this country on their own.  This Nation is great because we built it together.  This Nation is great because we worked as a team.  This Nation is great because we get each other’s backs.  And if we hold fast to that truth, in this moment of trial, there is no challenge too great; no mission too hard.  As long as we’re joined in common purpose, as long as we maintain our common resolve, our journey moves forward, our future is hopeful, and the state of our Union will always be strong." 


Obama killed it in the State of the Union. 


It was a great speech - heavy on the gambling metaphors, heavy on the RahRahAmericaGetIt!, heavy on the as President, here's what I can do  and all of you squabbling over the republican nomination can just keep doing what you're doing, I'm going to keep running this country.


I wish he would have been doing this all along - you know? 


He started with talking about how things were when when he took office - how the previous administration lost 4 million jobs and in the last 22 months he has gained 3 million jobs, how they got us in this mess and he's been slowly getting us out of it. But, at least he's doing it now. Right?


I'm going to find some time this year to do some campaign work for Obama. I love him and I'm proud of him as our president.

1 comment:

Randi said...

I love him, too, dude. He's a good man and he's doing a good job. When people talk shit about him it makes me lose my head.