Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Numbers


  1. This past weekend was a pretty nice and chill weekend. Friday we just hung around here and watched a movie. We're getting pretty good at this whole watching movies thing! That's at least two this year!
  2. Saturday, Babe took Buddy to her little swimming class and I worked. Then, we went to dinner at a restaurant right around here called The Wood. The food is pretty good but the real draw is that they have excellent and delicious beers on tap for $3 during happy hour. Which is from 4-7, which is really the only appropriate time (4pm I mean) to take a toddler with you to a restaurant. Anything past 6 and you're messing with people's date night. 
  3. Sunday, the in-laws came over and we went out to breakie. We took the Buddy to Denny's for her first time and judging by the way she ate everything in sight, it won't be the last. 
  4. We watched two stupid football games. UGH. Patriots and Giants. Even if I lived in NYC still I would be annoyed. I guess this is how the rest of the world feels about the Yankees, but I love the Yankees so I don't feel that way. Inconsistent? You betcha. 
  5. I managed to get a lot of work done this weekend without feeling sad about it. When I was in my 20s I worked practically every weekend, to get ahead and stay on top of stuff. Around the time I turned 30 I pretty much was over it. Now, that I'm trying to prove myself at new jobs I can see I'll be doing more of it again. So far, so good. 

1 comment:

superbonbon said...

Denny's is a strange phenomenon. Oz loves it, too!