Monday, December 19, 2011

Great things about 2011!!

2011 has been one of the more challenging years on record for me and my nearest and dearest.

I've decided to start my closing-of-the-year entries by listing some of the great things that have happened in 2011.

  • I got a new niece and a new nephew this year. 
  • I moved to California this year and now live within 100 miles of both of my sets of parents and my sisters.
  • I found an awesome house to rent that costs the same as my old spot in Brooklyn but has a backyard, three bedrooms and my own washer and dryer. 
  • I got not one but two jobs to keep me super busy and to keep the paychecks coming this way.
  • Babe got a great job, super close to where we live and he is kicking its teeth in so far.
  • I found an awesome daycare for my buddy, steps away from my house, where she has so much fun all day, gets to play with lots of other kids, eats her veggies, and takes naps every day. It costs half of what my childcare cost in NYC, too, and thats for five days instead of four. She also makes me amazing art projects that I will cherish forever. 
  • Speaking of my buddy, she is thriving. She has cousins here and lots of little friends who live close by. 
Take that, 2011!

No comments: