Because I lived in NYC:
- I met some of the smartest, nicest and most fun people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
- I had a great job where I was able to be a senior staff member to one of the top research organizations in the country and help grow it from tiny to much bigger.
- I have no sense of sticker shock. I can't find things that are "expensive" here, because they are 10% cheaper than everything I paid for for the last nine years.
- I don't think the drivers are bad here. After the shit show (excuse me) that was the streets of NYC, the people here drive like they are going to church on a sunday.
- I appreciate the weather here in Southern California.
- I appreciate the quiet at night.
- I appreciate my backyard and the spacious play space it provides for my buddy.
- Now I can miss it and think about it whenever I want.