Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week of Thanks!

Today I'll express my thanks for having lived in New York City for the past nine years.

Because I lived in NYC:
  • I met some of the smartest, nicest and most fun people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
  • I had a great job where I was able to be a senior staff member to one of the top research organizations in the country and help grow it from tiny to much bigger.
Because I lived in NYC:
  • I have no sense of sticker shock. I can't find things that are "expensive" here, because they are 10% cheaper than everything I paid for for the last nine years.
  • I don't think the drivers are bad here. After the shit show (excuse me) that was the streets of NYC, the people here drive like they are going to church on a sunday. 
Because I lived in NYC:
  • I appreciate the weather here in Southern California.
  • I appreciate the quiet at night.
  • I appreciate my backyard and the spacious play space it provides for my buddy.
Because I lived in NYC:
  • Now I can miss it and think about it whenever I want.

No comments: