Monday, November 21, 2011

Week of Thanks

I'd like to spend the week being thankful. 
So, for my first day of thanks, I'm thankful for my sisters.

 Here's my sister JOY, who lives in upstate NY. She is pictured here with her beautiful daughters and my baby, Buddy. Her third baby is not in this picture, but trust me. She's just as pretty as the other ones. I've been thinking of JOY a lot lately, but particularly today. I am very thankful to have her in my life. 
 Here's my middle Sister, Ang. She's cuddling with my Buddy. Ang and I have always been a duo, a team. She never thinks twice about giving up a weekend to take care of The Stinker. I am very thankful to have her in my life, and feel so grateful to live a mere 1 hour and thirty minutes away from her. What's that you say? San Diego is 2 hours away? Not the way my sister drives. 
And here's my sister Sunny with her beautiful children. We share books, recipes, and clothing. She has been a mentor and bestie to me for a long, long time. Which is funny because we're so very young. I am very thankful to have her close by and that we are both unemployed at present because we can spend literally hours on the phone together all the time. 

***
I could say so much more about these sisters of mine, and these pithy comments can't do them justice. But today I just want to say how thankful I am to have sisters. My life is better for it. I am a better person because of it. 

I love you, girls! 

1 comment:

Ang said...

thx for making me get all teary-eyed at work dude!