Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sick Day

Sorry I missed my blog update yesterday. It's because the Buddy has the croup.

You heard me. Apparently I live in 19th Century England. Or the 20s. I don't know. The croup.

I woke up in the middle of the night, not last night but the night before, and buddy was as hot as a little pinto bean. I dont know what that means, exactly, but she felt hot and little like a bean. And, she sounded exactly like Darth Vader. I am not exaggerating. I don't mean she had a barking cough, I mean she sounded like she was breathing through a giant black mask about the give orders to blow up some rebels. (Rebels? Right Babe?)

So, we took her to the emergency room. First time. 5am.

She has the croup. Which means her windpipe is all swollen. So, it sounds REALLY bad, and it can be, but rarely. Like, most kids with the croup just stay home from school for a few days and then it goes away. Every parent of every child who has had it, though, will tell you that it is the scariest illness they get. They sound like they can't get any air. I won't say much more. Because it's too horrible. She got a shot at the hospital and is totally on the mend. Her fever is gone, she doesn't sound like a Sith Lord. She's eating her eggo in her monkey pajamas watching me type.

But, no daycare this week. So that isn't muy bueno for me. But, it's okay.

2 comments:

Randi said...

You really know your Star Wars, kid.

Jessica said...

Poor Sasha! Poor Caroline and Mike. Q5.