Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reuben Casserole Recipe

Thanks to MIL for this one! I made some changes, so I'll give you the recipe the way I made it!

Reuben Casserole

1/2 cup sour cream (I use light, as if that makes a difference. You'll see.)
1/2 cup 1,000 Island Dressing
1 pound corned beef from the deli
1 cup sauerkraut
6 slices of rye bread, cubed.
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350.
Use a 9x9 casserole dish. Mix up the sauerkraut with the dressing and the sour cream. Put that on the bottom of the dish. Layer the corned beef and the cheese. I added a little bit of sharp cheddar for the heck of it.
Toss the bread with the butter, cover the casserole with that.
Bake for 30 minutes, covered, then another 10-15 uncovered.

Viola!  Delicious casserole.

If you can find fresh baked rye bread, use it. So few ingredients in this casserole, you'll want each one to be the best you can find.

No comments: