Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Job Update (numbers round II?)


  • I have applied to twenty-five jobs.
  • I have had two phone interviews.
  • I have had one in-person interview (UCLA) and I was not selected. I was his second choice, however, so that's not bad.
  • I have seen only about three rejections in my email, which means people have very few manners when it comes to the hiring process. 
  • I would like to be employed before the holidays because I feel like once that happens, it's going to be until January 2012 that I get a job.
  • I have one iron in the fire at a place that might hire me if they can scrape together the funding.
  • All this job searching has given me a couple of new allies here in LA that I didn't even know before moving here, but are now helping me get a job. Nice. 
  • I still have a lot of connections to make and people to meet with, so am far from feeling desperation. It's only been about ten weeks that I've been looking and I'd say that's a lot of progress.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Keep your head up, Pal.
xoxo

Sam said...

You can do IT!