Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pimento Dip

My Pimento Dip comes from Paula Deen, by way of my MIL. Here's a link's the Ms. Deen's recipe, and here's how I do it:

3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup jack
1 cup cheddar
small jar of pimentos, chopped (Ms. Deen says 2 tbspns, I just use the whole jar. What else are you going to use them for if you don't use that jar up?)
1/2 cup mayo (I don't think I use that much)
Grated onion (about a tbspn, I never measure)
a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder

Blend everything together, toss it in the fridge. This is a delicious dip for carrots, crackers or chips. I think its best with carrots and celery because its so cheesy and rich. In the south it's used as a sandwich spread and that sounds good to me, too!

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Randi said...

And I LOVE IT!