Thursday, August 04, 2011

A book, a song, a flick

A book
  • I just finished reading "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave. You can read the NY Times review here. It's a pretty heartbreaking book about a young woman refugee who is detained in England and then finds her way into a woman's home in the London suburbs. I would kid you here, it's not an easy book to read in that you will be horrified by some of the goings on, but it's also a total page turner and the way the guys writes is really incredible.
A song
  • Now that me and the buddy are always driving all over the place, I've been listening to the radio in the car. I learned a new song that I think is just so cute I can't stand it. It's called "Pumped up Kicks" by The Foster People. Have a listen!
A flick
  • Yesterday, me and Babe watched an hour long documentary on HBO called Derek Jeter 3K which was awesome. I mean, what else do I need to say, really? Watch it.

1 comment:

superbonbon said...

I found your blog via gchat! I also found "Little Bee" a distressing but really engaging read...