Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Black Swan

Babe and I saw a movie on Monday - our second since Princess Buddy was born. Black Swan featuring Ms. Natalie Portman was directed by the guy who directed Requiem for a Dream. I mention this because Requiem was one of the most effed up movies I've seen, ever. Black Swan is about a pretty little ballerina who goes a little bit crazy trying to land the role of a lifetime. Like a little bit batshit crazy.

Anywho, this movie has:
A lot of good things: Mila Kunis, great, scary NYC scenes, Winona Ryder
and
A lot of scary things: Winona Ryder stabbing herself in the face, scary mirror scenes, and a freak out scene with a bunch of paintings that come to life

Do I recommend it? Sure, but I will tell you I have had a hard time not thinking about it when its dark and I am trying to fall asleep. Will Natalie Portman win an Oscar for it? Maybe because she hasn't won one yet, but I'm not sure if it was Oscar worthy.

No comments: