Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bread Pudding

You guys know I'm not big into baking, well because I'm not big into measuring really. Or needing specific ingredients, etc.

But, we had all this leftover bread from last week's football playoff extravaganza (because I featured bratwurst on buns and my friend Matt "Guitar" Murphy brought over Chicago classic, italian beef served on rolls.) So we had a lot of big rolls leftover.

Bread pudding is my kind of baking. I used Paula Deen's recipe and adapted it in this way:

  • Sort of stale kaiser rolls cut about (I used two of those, plus another italian roll I had).
  • Mixed together: five eggs, 1 and a half cup of sugar (reducing the sugar from Ms. Deen's recipe seemed like a good idea), two cups skim milk, a bit of vanilla extract.
  • Pour that mixture over the bread, let it sit for ten minutes.
  • Poured all that into a baking dish.
  • Tossed a pint of blueberries on the whole thing.
  • Mixed up a little brown sugar with "a little bit a butta" (say it like Paula Deen, now).
  • Baked the whole thing for 35 minutes. Yum, yum, yum!

2 comments:

Ma said...

pretty soon you will be saying "ya`ll" like Paula says.
the bread pudding sounds yummy.
Love, Ma

Randi said...

Nice use of leftovers, hippie! You and Crust and Denise are so efficient.