Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Things I love about NYC

NY Mag did their sixth annual Reasons to Love New York and it inspired me to start crafting my list. This may become an occasional feature of this blog, como The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

  1. Dry cleaning. I love that we can take anything to the dry cleaner at any time and it will be done in the same day. I've had bridesmaid dresses hemmed in a day, 30 pounds of laundry washed, dried and folded in a few hours, and a whole stack of shirts, pants and skirts dry cleaned in one days time. This, my friends, does not happen in other places. In other cities, probably, but definitely not in San Diego. (I love San Diego, too, but that's not what this post is about.)
  2. Egg and cheese on a roll. My love for the breakfast sandwich is well-documented on this blog, but it bears repeating. $1.25 for a perfectly cooked egg, with a slice of cheddar on a toasted, buttered kaiser roll with salt and pepper. Delicioso!
  3. The subway. Yes, sometimes I complain about the subway, but as a New Yorker that is my right. I listened to my ipod, read my magazine, and got from my apartment to my workplace in 24 minutes this morning.

2 comments:

Hung said...

mmm egg on a roll. I'd like to add a slice at 3am. In a former life.

Solanasaurus said...

It makes me happy to read your blog.