Harvest Fruit Salad
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 Tbs. sherry vinegar *I just use cooking sherry b/c I don't have sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. walnut oil
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pears, 1 1/2 lb. total, halved, cored and diced
- 2 cups (12 oz.) red and green seedless grapes
in any combination * I cut my grapes in half
- 2 green or red apples, such as Cortland,
Delicious, Granny Smith, McIntosh or Pippin,
halved, cored and diced
Preheat an oven to 350°F.
Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar, red wine vinegar, walnut oil, olive oil, salt and pepper to form a vinaigrette.
In a salad bowl, combine the pears, grapes, apples and pecans. Add the vinaigrette, toss gently to coat and serve. Serves 6.