Thursday, September 09, 2010

Libros

Since having the wee babe, I've been reading a lot less. Naturally.

I just finished the trio of books by Stieg Larsson. They were a great read, fast-paced and interesting. Each is a mystery novel that solves a particular crime and there is an overarching story around the character, Lisbeth who is the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I recommend.

The third book, the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is about a government conspiracy to do bad things to a handful of Swedish citizens. The shock that the cast of characters portrays around their government doing bad things to their citizens is just something I can't fathom. I just can't imagine being surprised by the horrible things that the people in charge of your country do.

I guess it's because we're a country that's okay with, you know, water boarding, maybe? Or because of the way our country responded to Katrina, perhaps? Or maybe just because George W. Bush was our president? Or...well, you get the idea.

1 comment:

Randi said...

I have all three of these waiting to be read. Sigh. Someday.