Thursday, August 19, 2010

Unrelated Items

1) I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by people who clip their nails in public places. It literally makes me want to boot. I am waiting for the subway and no matter how far away I move I can hear the click on the nail clipper slicing her nails. Ugh.

2) I am now on two listserves for parents - the fortgreenebabies and parkslopeparents lists. They offer everything from classified ads (cribs, toys, you name it), to real estate, to parenting advice and debate. They also have lots of nanny listings which is why I signed up in the first place. Anyways, the best thing about it is that people sign all emails with their names and their child's name - ie, Coodence, mom to Sasha (7 weeks). I can tell you that there are no children in park slope named Andy or Mike or Sarah or Jane. The name that prompted this post: Paisley (3 months). Or how about Keppler (6 months) or Harris (2 years). Not to mention the scores of Jacksons and Charlies and Emmas.

Paisley. Seriously? Paisley.

3) On my way to get root canal. Babe is watching the buddy.

4) The G train really does come at 13 after the hour.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Dude...totally had a root canal the other day too. Totally sucks....Boooo!

MIL said...

the guy across the street sits out on his front porch and clips his toenails! ewwwwwwwwww!

Ang said...

Sorry about the root canal dude.

Jessicurl said...

I love it that you call Sasha the buddy. Good luck with the dental work.

Ma said...

I don`t know if this is along the same line or not but we went to a baseball game with someone who flossed his teeth at the game. hee,hee
Love, Ma