Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The system

One of the reasons I'm not totally wild-eyed and exhausted (just a little bit bleary-eyed and occasionally super-tired) is because of our little system.

The system.

Babe takes the first wake up in the night. He also puts her to the bed. So what this used to mean was that he held her from about 9 on, then fed her at midnite and put her to bed. Now, we put her in her bassinet around 9 or 10 pm (he does that) and then he takes the first feeding. If its before 2am.

It should technically be before 2am, because little buddy doesn't really go longer than 3 hours without eating. But what if she doesn't go down until 10:45 or 11:00? Then she could very likely get up at 2am the first time.

The other night it was 2:14 and I was like, Babe. Babe. Babe. She's awake. And he totally got up and fed her. And I knew in my heart of hearts that it was wrong! So wrong what I had done. Such a breech of the system.

But I still turned right over and fell back asleep.


3 comments:

Coodence said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MIL said...

YAY! way to go Cod!!! sounds good to me!!!

Randi said...

Nice job, Codfish.