Thursday, July 22, 2010

What other people do

On Tuesday, my friend Solomon went to see Lisa Lisa on Staten Island. Do you see what I just did there? I started a blog post about what someone else did. Not what I did. That's how we roll now, people. Unless you want to hear about nonstop breastfeeding and trying to figure out how to maximize sleep (trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents), we're going to have to try some new things.

Anyways, Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam! That was my first concert at the Ventura County Fair back when I was twelve years old. (Funny side note - I just googled that and came up with my blog. I guess it meant the most to me.)

All Cried Out - that song spoke to my 10 or 11 year old self. I do believe Lisa Lisa was wearing overalls at the concert. I could have made that up. Anyways, I still love her and all of her songs. Didn't get to see the show on Staten Island, but now I will download those old skool jams and sing them to my little Sasha.

...Some guys will promise you a marriage made in heaven. But, I'm going to stick to my guns...

1 comment:

Randi said...

A Dime and a Nickel

Oh, Lisa Lisa. She touched us all.