Monday, July 05, 2010

Numbers

Well folks, in the last seven days or so, I:
  • Gave birth to my baby! She's Sasha Kathleen and she weighed in at 7 pounds 12 ounces when she was born.
  • Labored for about 30 hours, I suppose. My water broke at 7 am on Sunday and she came into the world at 4:11 pm on Monday. I would say it was more like 8 hours on Monday. When it came to the pushing, though, I pushed her out in six minutes. That's kind of a record, peeps.
  • Sent and received about 100 text messages about the birth of my little buddy.
  • Slept about one, two or sometimes three hours at a time since last Monday, June 28th.
  • Spent about a hundred hours staring into the eyes of my little daughter, or watching her sleep as it were.
  • Fed her about 6 to 8 times a day, every three hours. Well, I've fed her half the time, Babe the other half. I've been pumping every three hours around the clock. Dear double boob automatic breast pump, you were worth every penny.
  • Left the house three times. One, to go to the doctor. Two, to go out to dinner with my in-laws, Babe and Sasha Kathleen. Three, yesterday to go to the grocery store and return my library books.
  • Stayed inside because of the weather, too. It was 101 yesterday. Supposed to be the same today and tomorrow. Good God! I hope it cools down some when my parents get here!!

4 comments:

Ma said...

The forecast for tomorrow there is 95 so that`s a lot cooler. ha,ha
Can`t wait.
Love, Ma

Jessicurl said...

I'm so happy for you (plural)! Keep the pictures coming. Love love love love love.

Nancy gurl said...

Let me know if you need anything. I have gifts from my ma, was thinking of dropping them in ther mail so she can use them now. How does this/next week look?

Randi said...

FUN!
<3