Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Conference Call

Before I had little Missy, I promised my boss I would do one conference call for her whilst I was on maternity leave. It really didn't seem like a big deal (and it wasn't a big deal) but it was very, very funny.

Last Wednesday, I went to La Leche League to hang out with other breastfeeding moms and learn what I could about the Boob. I left at 11:50 because the conference call was at noon.

I got home at noon and decided to leave Missy in her pack because she was sleeping and I thought that would be a good way to do the call. It was an interview for one of our gal's replacements. Well, it was hot and my back was starting to hurt so I decided to take the little buddy out of her pack. I put her in the newborn soothing station (which so far doesn't actually soothe her, it really just wakes her up and makes her sort of mad), and felt something wet on my face. I was like what is that?! Well I looked at the pack and she had pooped all inside the pack. I mean in her diaper, but there are some (many) poops that a mere diaper can't contain.

I had poop on my face, on her face, on my shirt, all over her. I had the blackberry on mute and speaker phone as I took her to the changing station one handed. Of course we were out of wipes so I was ripping open a costco box of wipes with poop flying all over the place as this job candidate went on about her experience. I have no idea what she said during those crucial moments.

I got her all wiped down and basically ended up breastfeeding her for the rest of the call.

Working from home? Not so much.

5 comments:

MIL said...

boy, talk about multi-tasking!

Randi said...

Did a baby just shit on my face? LOL Oh, Coddie. What a story. xoxo

Jessicurl said...

Ha! Too bad they don't make a Mommy Soothing Station!

Nancy gurl said...

This is ONE example that gives working from home a bad rep.

The other side to this, is that any other working from home feat, will be a joke to you!!!!!

ceedee said...

I am totally laughing out loud! I love it!
Keep up the good work, mama :)