Thursday, June 24, 2010

Twilight Zone

This morning (41 weeks today) I am making a few calls. Calling to schedule yet another sonogram and calling Aetna to try to get them to cover acupuncture.

So far, the following has occured. The sonogram place has a message playing: "Your call cannot go through. Please call back." Then a series of numbers. It sort of sounds like the french woman on LOST with the distress call repeating for sixteen years.

Then, I called AETNA one of the worst organizations on the planet and they keep disconnecting me because their office hours are from 8am until 6pm. Dudes. It's 10am.

Also, apparently it's not officially a heat wave because it has to reach 90 three days in a row. It was 87 yesterday with high, high humidity and will get to 90 today. Guess the buddy doesn't like the heat. Neither does his/her mama. I'm sort of trapped indoors at this point. Babe says that's what you're supposed to do with pregnant women. Keep em inside. Nice.

3 comments:

Nancy gurl said...

I am praying for all of you! Love you guys! Caroline! Feet up!

Randi said...

LOL @ Babe. He's a class act.
And I know I've said this before but "I had my best woman on a humid day."

Jessicurl said...

Presumably Mike is fetching you bunches of grapes and fanning you with palms during your confinement.