Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dalai Lama

There's info about the Dalai Lama in this week's NY Magazine (I know, I know). There's also a profile on Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. Doesn't seem to me these guys could be any more different.

In any event, Babe and I saw the Dalai Lama a bunch of years ago in Central Park. He's so peaceful and funny. Here are some facts you may or may not want to know.

The Dalai Lama
• Doesn’t read newspapers; gets news from BBC radio.
• Eats meat but not seafood. Doesn’t eat solid food after lunch.
Joined Twitter on February 22 this year.
• Gets up at 3:30 A.M.
• Tries to get to sleep every night by 8 P.M.
• Stays at the Waldorf-Astoria when he’s in New York.

***
By the way, I am 36 weeks pregnant today. My babe is about six pounds.
Last night we learned infant CPR. I hope I never have to use it but am glad I know how.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Do you think the commissioner ever goes by "R. Kelly"?

MIL said...

saw the Dalai Lama on the TODAY show this morning and he sounds like Yoda! :)