Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cankles

I really have loved being pregnant. I am still loving it, in fact. My buddy is big and moving around and I can't wait to meet him or her. I've loved doing yoga and eating right and not partying down. It has been a really fun time for me. It's not always been easy, but I never expected the process of growing another human being to be easy. Why should it be? If you think about what you're doing - it's kind of a big deal.

Anyways, in the midst of this love fest around being pregnant I have found my Achilles heel. My kryptonite. The bane of my pregnant existence.

My cankles.

For some women, (most?) this doesn't happen until the bitter end. Well, I'm close to the bitter end but this is has been happening for weeks. I elevate when I can, I have a box under my desk that my feet rest upon, I do acupuncture for god's sake. Nonetheless, I have cankles. Every time I look at my ankles, I think of these little fat people from Wall-E.

Love
Cod.

1 comment:

MIL said...

OMG! i had cankles so baaaaad when i was pg with your Babe....2 months before he was born my legs were the same size from the calves down to my toes!!!