- Went to the happy hour at the 8th Street Wine Bar with my work peeps on Friday night to celebrate our strategic plan. I of course didn't drink any wine, but this place was great! The people who worked there were so nice and the wine was a serious deal - $18 bottles - and the food was delicious! Thumbs up! It's sort of brilliant to go out and not drink. I have to tell you. For one thing, I had no hangover on Saturday, and for another, I remember everything. And when it is an office party, let me tell you, that can be a powerful tool!
- Ordered takeout from our old standby Zaytoon's, which is one of the best food options in our neighborhood. Definitely the best for delivery.
- Went to yoga on 5th and Sackett.
- Went to a brunch spot at 999 Manhattan Avenue in Greenpoint. Papacito's was delicious! Not like California Mex, of course, but nonetheless totally delicious.
- Watched the Yankees destroy the Rangers for the third game in a row. Hung out at a nice bar called Shayz Lounge for the afternoon. Go on Greenpoint! I can see why you were ranked fifth!
- And, I just learned that it is the fiftieth anniversary of Doc Martens! Thanks, Ma! It's a shoe that meant everything to me when I was a youth. Happy Birthday, Doctor M.!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Since we last chatted, I: