Monday, April 19, 2010

Numbers

Since we last chatted, I:
  1. Went to the happy hour at the 8th Street Wine Bar with my work peeps on Friday night to celebrate our strategic plan. I of course didn't drink any wine, but this place was great! The people who worked there were so nice and the wine was a serious deal - $18 bottles - and the food was delicious! Thumbs up! It's sort of brilliant to go out and not drink. I have to tell you. For one thing, I had no hangover on Saturday, and for another, I remember everything. And when it is an office party, let me tell you, that can be a powerful tool!
  2. Ordered takeout from our old standby Zaytoon's, which is one of the best food options in our neighborhood. Definitely the best for delivery.
  3. Went to yoga on 5th and Sackett.
  4. Went to a brunch spot at 999 Manhattan Avenue in Greenpoint. Papacito's was delicious! Not like California Mex, of course, but nonetheless totally delicious.
  5. Watched the Yankees destroy the Rangers for the third game in a row. Hung out at a nice bar called Shayz Lounge for the afternoon. Go on Greenpoint! I can see why you were ranked fifth!
  6. And, I just learned that it is the fiftieth anniversary of Doc Martens! Thanks, Ma! It's a shoe that meant everything to me when I was a youth. Happy Birthday, Doctor M.!

No comments: